
The large Syrah and Mourvedre component make themselves known. Very dark color for a CdP. Influence of small barriques shows slightly on the nose, but it's not out of whack. Pain grille, graphite, blackberry, licorice, earth and tar. Fruit is extremely focused and clean. As a matter of fact, this almost seems like a very clean version of an equally young Beaucastel. Definitely a great wine that is still somewhat tight right now both on the nose and palate. Finish is the giveaway that this will be a special wine in years to come. As good as it is, I can't say I like this as much as the Giraud Grenache de Pierres from two days ago. It lacks the kirsch liqueur and garrigue notes that I love in CdP. Fans of a really clean style of CdP will absolutely gobble this up. For me it's a buy, but not without tasting first.
0 comments:
Post a Comment